Winter Training - Week 1

Week Ending - November 18th 2007

Well its one week since we returned from a three week holiday in Abu Dhabi visiting my son and his family.

Getting back on the bike again has been a real struggle fitness wise, I never realised how much fitness you lose in such a short time. I was thinking earlier in the week never to go on holiday again but I think that idea would have a strong reaction from Betty.

Managed four rides, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, all flat, slow and very hard work. My heart rate was high for me and I needed a lot of food to keep me going during the rides. Jim and Alan two of the guys I ride with at the Hayes Cycling Circuit most Tuesday and Fridays sure gave me a hard time on Friday but I survived.

Highlight of the week was the arrival of my winter road bike mudguards and all from Ribble, a minor problem with the position, my instructions were not followed but it seems OK. The new bike causes some comments, its not red but blue, forever my bikes have always been RED!

My Trek Madonne 5.5 has been hung up in the summer house for a well earned winters rest, its too good to get dirty.

Weekly Totals:- Miles:- 168.3 Time:- 10 hrs 21 mins 52 secs

No comments: