Winter Training - Week 13

Week Ending - February 10th 2008 ............................................................. Miles to date:- 2131

A sunny and bright and less windy Monday morning and I was surprised there were no lingering effects of yesterday's efforts. Decided on my "Flat" Great Missenden loop and went very well enjoying a 50 mile ride. Some more good news, my second sponsor, Keith Shorten from the Westerly Road Club, many thanks Keith.

Another frustrating Tuesday at the circuit plagued by 3 punctures. No idea what is happening, I have new wheels, new tyres and new inner tubes. Decided to change my wheels in an effort to stem the flow of punctures. Just 34 miles added to my total.

A bright but windy Wednesday morning. It was a hard outward 30 miles up a few hills and against the wind, just averaging over 15 mph, flew home the last 20 miles in just about an hour, it was flat with a strong tailwind. Another milestone passed, I have now cycled over 2,000 miles as training for this challenge.

Friday morning was sunny but still windy. Felt really strong and enjoyed riding around the Hayes Circuit, did about 20 fast miles on the front with John O'Sullivan, Middlesex Road Club, John is a youngster, still in his 40's and he made me work hard. Also joined today by three lady riders who all look very fit. Rocco Richardson, another stalwart of the West London Cycling scene for 50 plus years is also back riding after his eye operation and we all enjoyed his company. 67 miles added to my total, I just hope the weather and my good form will last until Sunday when I am riding the Edgware Road Club Reliability Trial.

On Saturday evening I attended the Hillingdon CC Club Dinner and was formally presented with the trophy for winning the Old Crocks 10. I am on the far right of all the other prize winners.

The course for the Edgware Reliability Trial was shortened to 53 miles due to road closures and it was a good fast ride in sunny conditions. I did struggle up the steep hill but soon recovered to finish strongly.

Weekly Totals:- Miles:- 261.4 Time:- 15 hrs 36 mins 02 secs

No comments: