Skiing Holiday

Thursday 20th March to Friday 4th April

A complete break from cycling as we journeyed to Mammoth Mountain in California for our annual skiing holiday. As always the holiday was arranged by my daughter Andrea and we had great fun with the three grandchildren. The skiing was good although we lost two days due to the weather, the first day because of high winds and the second snow. I had a scare on the last run of the holiday when I lost one of my skis when skiing quite fast just 100 yards from the end of the run. Luckily I managed to make a quick stop without tumbling down the mountain but in doing so strained the thigh muscles in my right leg. Walking for a few days was very painful and I was worried for a time that it might affect my cycling but the problem soon cleared up. We ended the break with three nights in Los Angeles and we all had a great time exploring Disneyland.

No comments: