Winter Training - Week 19

Week Ending - March 23rd 2008 ............................................................. Miles to date:- 3332

The last week of my winter training programme as we are off on our annual skiing holiday on Thursday to Mammoth Mountain, California and when we get back Spring should really be here and I will be getting my summer bike out again.

A bright Monday morning with according to the Weather Forecaster, a brisk North Easterly wind. Rode my hilly Great Missenden circuit and the wind did make the first 25 miles much harder than normal. Overall a good 51 mile ride.

Tuesday was cold with the North East Wind still blowing strongly. A group of 10 of us at the Hayes Circuit and a very good pace was set thoughout the session even though it was a struggle up the hill against the wind. Recorded another 52 miles.

For my last winter training session I went out with Paul Crook, Scott and Luke Merrilees, some of the racers of our club. Class soon told, keeping up on the hills was hard but their acceleration from a stop was impossible to match, it was like a tank trying to keep up with an F1 racer! So most of the ride was alone and I did manage 66 miles.

We are off tomorrow to California and then when back home, I start a more concentrated training programme in final preparation for my challenge.

Weekly Totals:- Miles:- 168.8 Time:- 10 hrs 9 mins 50 secs

No comments: