Countdown to Alpe d'Huez - 5 weeks to go

Week Ending - June 1st 2008 ......................................... Miles to date:- 5050

A bad start to the week, no cycling on either Monday or Tuesday due to the weather, wet, windy and cold. Had a good day on Monday with the grand children visiting The Deep Aquarium in Hull, so Hull has more than just a Premier League football team.

A reminder of Saturday's ride here I am on the easiest part of the course, descending The Stang at 40 mph after just 20 miles on the road.

A wet Wednesday so four consectutive days off my bike but luckily the weather had improved on Thursday and I did a 45 mile ride on my Cookham circuit. I did not try too hard as if the weather holds I will be training at the Hillingdon Circuit in the evening.

The rain made sure there was no Thursday night session but Friday was dry but pretty dull. Just the four regulars at the circuit Jim, Alan and Rocco and we enjoyed a steady ride which accounted for 55 miles by the time I arrived home.

Another donation today from more of Betty's colleagues at her Gym, thank you very much Jerry and Muriel. Have now exceeded £1,600 and have set my target to £2,180 which works out at £20 for every mile of La Marmotte.

On Saturday I travelled to Weymouth with some of the residents of the local Almshouses. Betty is a Trustee there and I went along to give some moral support. Managed a brief ride in the afternoon, just 18 miles but the highlight of the ride was being stopped by Daphne Pool and family. Following the sad loss of Ian the whole family had travelled to Dorset for a break and noticed me struggling up some hill. It sure was a one in a million chance of meeting up.

Sunday I ventured for a 53 mile ride into the hills of South Dorset, it was an enjoyable ride but the hills were sure hard. The most significant part of the day was topping 5,000 training miles.

Weekly Totals:- Miles:- 172.0 Time:- 10 hrs 24 mins 16 secs

No comments: