Countdown to Alpe d'Huez - 4 weeks to go

Week Ending - June 8th 2008 ........................................................................... Miles to date:- 5235

A very disappointing Monday, the weather was damp and windy, my back was aching and riding my bike was the last thing I wanted to do. I did manage a 44 mile ride in the hills but sure was pleased to get back to the Hotel and into a hot bath.

No riding on Tuesday but that was due to the weather and Wednesday was another day off the bike as we travelled back home. I sure need to get some miles in as there are only four training weeks left.

But good news on the sponsorship front, Dilwyn Morgan an ex BT colleague sponsored me through my blog, while my cousin and family who live in Mexico sent a cheque. I sure was surprised to receive a cheque from Teeny, Mauricio, Laura and Claudia. But that was not all, we did a Pilates class in the evening and Paula our teacher also sponsored me. I sure will have to make some efforts on my bike tomorrow.

A sunny and warm Thursday morning so it was a 50 mile ride around my Cookham Circuit which went very well. Met Danuta Tinn and stopped for a brief chat, Danuta is having a good season and I hope she does well in this Sunday's 25 mile National Championship time trial.

A warm Thursday evening so I went to the circuit to join in the training session. Was in a very steady group which maintained a good steady pace throughout averaging 23 mph and with my warm up and warm down covered 36 miles making the day's total 86.

Warm again on Friday and it was more laps of the circuit with 10 of us there at one time. Rocco was in good form today as was Jim and we reeled off quite a few laps at a brisk pace. Another 55 miles added to my total. More good news, a donation from Jerry Stockbridge, Jerry was my boss at BT and was the person who introduced me to skiing. I can lay claim to introducing Jerry to computers and he is now quite an expert.

Saturday was enjoyed in the company of two of our grand children, Ben and Libby while on Sunday we were marshalling and assisting with the administration of my club's mountain bike races in Black Park. Managed to increase my sponsorship thanks to the generosity of the riders who donated the £1 deposit on their race numbers to my appeal.

Displaying the St George flag at our club's mountain bike races on Sunday.

Weekly Totals:- Miles:- 184.4 Time:- 11 hrs 11 mins 36 secs

No comments: