Winter Training - Week 10

Week Ending - January 20th 2008 ............................................................. Miles to date:- 1350

Another wet and windy start to the week with no riding on Monday and Tuesday. Spent a lot of time trying to obtain the missing cable from my new turbo trainer but sorting out problems is not a strength of the company concerned.

What a shock, a sunny and wind free Wednesday morning. First thoughts were to tackle the Great Missenden circuit but the amount of surface water on the local roads put paid to that idea so I ventured over to the Hayes Circuit. Great minds think alike as the normal crew were also there. Rode at a good tempo throughout spiced up by Brian's fast laps, we did 10 today. A 50 mile round trip, at last some miles in this week.

Friday was wet and windy so no ride was possible and I am still waiting for my Turbo Cable.

A dull and wet Saturday but decided to go out with the Denham Nurseries bunch, only 2 other riders turned up in the wet and windy conditions. A good ride, I was hanging on the wheel for a lot of the way but managed 42 miles by the time I arrived home.

A bonus ride on Sunday, taking two grandchildren out for the day so I rode out to Wargrave while Betty drove. A hard ride against a strong wind but another 28 miles in the bank. An improvement on recent weeks, 120 miles ridden but still below my target which is now 200 miles per week.

Weekly Totals:- Miles:- 120.8 Time:- 7 hrs 05 mins 54 secs

No comments: