Winter Training - Week 9

Week Ending - January 13th 2008 ............................................................. Miles to date:- 1230

Was planning my 50 mile Great Missenden ride for Monday morning but the strong winds with 50mph plus gusts forecast I decided it would be too dangerous to go out on the roads. Plan B was to ride 40 to 50 miles on my aged Turbo Trainer but even that was not possible as the resistance on the turbo had locked on. Struggled to ride for an hour with a strong resistance, guess it was a taste of what was to come up Alpe d'Huez.

A wet and windy Tuesday, so no cycling, what a bad start to the New Year. Decided I will need to be able to train when the weather is bad so have ordered myself a new turbo trainer.

A much brighter morning on Wednesday but still a strong south westerly wind blowing. Did a hilly and hard 52 mile ride in the Chilterns above Henley and Marlow and due to the ride finishing at my son's house in Wargrave I did not get the pleasure of being blown home by the strong tailwind.

Another wet Friday morning so the bike will not be going out for a ride! Turbo arrived but cannot use it as a cable was missing.

A total change in the weather on Saturday, bright and sunny. Went out on the Denham ride, a fast pace was set from the start and I got dropped on the climb of Winter Hill. Never made it back to the group but finished the circuit riding at a good tempo so I was pleased with my efforts.

Weekly Totals:- Miles:- 107.1 Time:- 6 hrs 48 mins 39 secs

No comments: